Who is this qualification for?
This qualification is ideal for those who require the technical knowledge and skills to complete practical tasks in the workplace and work confidently in their chosen area of IT or telecoms.
What are the benefits?
For learners, this qualification will give them the skills and confidence to handle a range of IT based tasks – such as identifying, defining and delivering customer requirements, web design and website management, working effectively as an IT specialist, data management, IT security and systems management.
For employers, we can do, so your people can do. We add value to your company by bringing out the ‘personal best’ in the individual and giving them the hands-on skills, they need. We do this in a time and cost-effective way through a combination of assessing, training, coaching and mentoring; getting you maximum results with minimal disruption. With staff who are motivated, knowledgeable and skilled your company can perform better.
We offer a learning package that sets us apart from other providers including:
• Creating individual learning plans for every learner
• Providing one-to-one mentoring from a dedicated member of the pbLearning team
• Offering a blended learning approach which includes face-to-face workshops and 24/7 access to our e-portfolio system
• Finding solutions to whatever challenges our clients throw at us
• Using trainers and assessors who are from the real-world. They’ve been there, done that and got the t-shirt
Our success rates talk for themselves but talk is cheap. It’s the doing that counts and we can do.
As part of the Modern Apprenticeship, all learners undertake a relevant SVQ (certificated by SQA), core skills and any industry specific training required. We provide face-to-face workshops or e-learning modules on the core content including:
• Personal effectiveness as an IT specialist
• Customer care and communication for the IT professional
• Ensuring a healthy and safe IT focussed workplace.
We also use a range of IT work-based learning and project activities to give learners the opportunity to put into practice the knowledge and skills they have learnt in the workshops and achieve their qualification in a ‘tried and tested’, practical way.
How long will this take to complete?
This qualification takes on average 12 months to complete.
What does this cost?
Depending on your circumstances, this qualification may be fully funded by Skills Development Scotland, regardless of your age, so may not cost you or your employer anything.
How can I find our more?
Contact Pam by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 01383 630 444.