Who is this qualification for?
The hospitality sector can be a showcase for people who work under pressure while delivering fantastic customer service and this qualification is ideal for supervisors in this sector. Whether working across a wide variety of business functions including bars, restaurants, cafés, conference centres, banqueting venues, hotels or contract caterers, or specialising in specific functions or across a variety of functions which reflect the multi-functional nature of the industry, this is for those who wants to develop their skills whilst gaining a robust, recognised qualification at the same time.
What are the benefits?
For learners, this qualification covers the fundamental subjects that are necessary to supervise and lead effectively in today’s hospitality environments, and includes content such as team leadership, control of resources, team working, workplace health and safety and supervision of a wide range hospitality areas.
For employers, we can do, so your people can do. We add value to your company by bringing out the ‘personal best’ in the individual and giving them the hands-on skills, they need. We do this in a time and cost-effective way through a combination of assessing, training, coaching and mentoring; getting you maximum results with minimal disruption. With staff who are motivated, knowledgeable and skilled your company can perform better.
We offer a learning package that sets us apart from other providers including:
• Creating individual learning plans for every learner
• Providing one-to-one mentoring from a dedicated member of the pbLearning team
• Offering a blended learning approach which includes face-to-face workshops and 24/7 access to our e-portfolio system
• Finding solutions to whatever challenges our clients throw at us
• Using trainers and assessors who are from the real-world. They’ve been there, done that and got the t-shirt
Our success rates talk for themselves but talk is cheap. It’s the doing that counts and we can do.
As part of the Modern Apprenticeship, all learners undertake a relevant SVQ (certificated by SQA), core skills and any industry specific training required. We provide face-to-face workshops or e-learning modules on the core content including:
• Provide leadership for your team
• Develop productive working relationships with colleagues
• Contribute to the control of resources
• Maintain the health, hygiene, safety and security of the working environment.
We also use a range of work-based learning and project activities to give learners the opportunity to put into practice the knowledge and skills they have learnt in the workshops and achieve their SVQ in a ‘tried and tested’, practical way.
How long will this take to complete?
This qualification takes on average between 9 and 12 months to complete.
What does this cost?
Depending on your circumstances, this qualification may be fully funded by Skills Development Scotland, regardless of your age, so may not cost you or your employer anything.
How can I find our more?
Contact Pam by emailing email@example.com or by calling 01383 630 444.