Who is this qualification for?
This qualification is ideal for those in their first management role or who have management responsibilities but no formal training. It will also support first-line managers who need to lead people through organisational challenges such as change or performance improvement.
What are the benefits?
For learners, this qualification will help them develop the skills and confidence to handle a range of general management tasks such as leading a team, managing performance, making effective decisions, allocating and monitoring the quality of work, planning and implementing change and ensuring that health and safety requirements are met.
For employers, we can do, so your people can do. We add value to your company by bringing out the ‘personal best’ in the individual and giving them the hands-on skills, they need. We do this in a time and cost-effective way through a combination of assessing, training, coaching and mentoring; getting you maximum results with minimal disruption. With staff who are motivated, knowledgeable and skilled your company can perform better.
We offer a learning package that sets us apart from other providers including:
• Creating individual learning plans for every learner
• Providing one-to-one mentoring from a dedicated member of the pbLearning team
• Offering a blended learning approach which includes face-to-face workshops and 24/7 access to our e-portfolio system
• Finding solutions to whatever challenges our clients throw at us
• Using trainers and assessors who are from the real-world. They’ve been there, done that and got the t-shirt
Our success rates talk for themselves but talk is cheap. It’s the doing that counts and we can do.
As part of the Modern Apprenticeship, all learners undertake a relevant SVQ (jointly certificated by SQA and the Chartered Management Institute), core skills and any industry specific training required. We provide face-to-face workshops or e-learning modules on the core content including:
• How to effectively lead a team
• How to manage people’s performance
• How to create and provide a healthy, safe, secure and productive working environment.
We also use a range of work-based learning and project activities to give learners the opportunity to put into practice the knowledge and skills they have learnt in the workshops and achieve their qualification in a ‘tried and tested’, practical way.
How long will this take to complete?
This qualification takes on average 12 months to complete.
What does this cost?
Depending on your circumstances, this qualification may be fully funded by Skills Development Scotland, regardless of your age, so may not cost you or your employer anything.
How can I find our more?
Contact Pam by emailing email@example.com or by calling 01383 630 444.